Plumbing Blog Setting up shower trays is a reasonably basic process and also this 9 part overview offers to detail the setup of material shower trays specifically. The process for setting up lighter ABS trays varies slightly however this can be utilized as a helpful recommendation.
1) Once you have actually acquired a high quality shower tray the first thing you require to do is place it in its preferred location and then mark the border of the tray as well as additionally the waste opening. Unless you will certainly have long-term accessibility to lift floor boards these markings need to likewise include a perimeter outside for accessibility to attach the pipes after the tray has actually been mounted. This might be a square cutout fit with sufficient room to get your hands under the floorboards.
Note: If using a shower tray with tiling upstands allowance should be created recessing the tray right into nearby wall surfaces to allow tiling onto the tray surface area.
2) Develop a trench in the floor to accommodate the drain as well as the shower tray and then expand it to fit the gain access to location that was marked earlier.
3) Mount based on plumbing regulations the waste pipe as well as shower waste ( safeguarding any revealed threads with concealing tape) in the trench, after that empty off the trench so it remains clear (to enable plumbing link) after laying a cement bed on the location to sustain the tray.
Note: You might still have some protective movie on the tray at this phase. Remove it, as well as conduct a final inspection on the tray to ensure it's done in order.
4) If suitable an optional seal strip ( level leading trays just) refer to the instructions to connect it, yet do that before proceeding to the following step.
5) Now mix great sand as well as cement in accordance to the makers guidelines to produce a significant blend that suffices sufficient to cover the location below the tray. Then trowel to a consistency that will allow change for leveling however still completely sustain the tray.
Keep in mind: Please do not attempt to replace the concrete with any type of kind of sticky and/or sealer when fitting material trays. Use concrete just. (Can be modified when in use with an very easy plumb package.).
6) Location the shower tray onto the concrete blend ( damp) and make certain that it is totally sustained by the concrete mix. Degree the tray from the top rims as the loss differs in elevation forever water drainage.
7) Once the cement has established, get rid of any type of excess cement mix and covering up tape, now you need to make the initial connection in between the tray itself as well as the waste system. At this moment you will need to check for water tightness and water circulation and the tray drain. This is something that can't be forgotten and also must be checked thoroughly.
8) As soon as all the relevant checks and also changes have actually been made, seal along the tiling line with silicone sealant.
9) To finish the task load the access location and the drain trench below the Additional reading tray with concrete for complete stability.
Congratulations you have actually just successfully mounted your own shower tray.